Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Operation: New Year, New Mustache

On January 7, I made the "New Year, New Mustache" Proclamation, and am proud to say that near 90% of my platoon and several others throughout the battery have undertaken the great task of growing these fantastic lip-warmers. Being that we are in the Army, they outline very stringent regulations regarding the proper wear of a mustache. What it does is make the wearer of the mustache look absolutely ridiculous, which was truly my intention. When I came up with the NYNM Proclamation, I had no idea that the platoon would follow me down the road of ridiculous...it was merely an idea for me to help keep the morale up. It has worked incredibly well. The mustaches have created an unintentional clique, filled with mustache solidarity. There's the mustachioed, then there's everybody else. Those that see us walking into the dining facility immediately know that we mean business. The Iraqis we meet now take us more seriously. And as an unintended result, I am actually funnier. I will soon gather together those sporting these flashy new soup-strainers for a photo op because I'm thinking that many will soon give up on the things. But for now, I offer you the most recent photo:

4 comments:

  1. Now that you have the stache, start working on getting reg changed so you can wear your Lt. Dangle shorts on missions. - Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. *spoiler alert*

    I already do. I find they make me faster and just slightly more lethal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Fabulously lethal

    ReplyDelete