Friday, February 4, 2011

Home on the Range

So, since we're not doing much right now...the Arab world just seems a little fragile at this point...we're busy trying to find stuff for us to do. It's been proven many times over that unengaged soldiers spell trouble. So, recently, we took out the trucks to a range to shoot our M240B, which just so happens to be my favorite weapon system in the US Army. Now, because I am what the Army calls an Expert Rifleman (39/40 targets...The target FELT that 1 round whiz past its "ear", but didn't want to go down) I don't get a chance to shoot all that much. I guess they feel like once you master something, you just don't have to do it much at all. I have fundamental issues with that line of thought, but some people do need more...practice. Anyhoo...I got to go out and shoot the always-fun 240 off the top of my truck. Here's a fun picture from the files of "John's 'Days Off'."

1 comment: