Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm Thankful For, Wednesday Edition


Today, I'm thankful for the people I am proud and honored to call friends. I have a lot of friends, but the closest to me have been with me for nearly 2 decades (REALLY?? Time does fly, no?). Through my greatest trials, tribulations, etc..., these friends have been at my side, and though we can let our get-togethers be affected by work, new additions to the family, and distance, the relationship is never affected. I have been a bad friend at times, and these people have never once held it over my head, and never hesitate to pick up the phone when I just need to talk. Late night talks about girls in high school turned into late night talks about girls in college turned into late night talks about girls we were going to marry (or not). Nowadays, the talks about girls have mostly been replaced by talks about running away from our current jobs to chase our dreams of the moment, and the late nights replaced with late evenings, but it's still the same old relationships. I never tire of these people, and if I could've stolen them to take with me to Iraq, I would've. That probably would've put me back in the bad friend category, but come on...it's an expression, yeah?

And, you guessed it, I also really wrote this on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment